Monday, December 13, 2010

The Way of Love

The way of love is not a subtle argument. The door there is devastation. Birds make great sky-circles of their freedom. How do they learn it? They fall, and falling, they're given wings. - Rumi


Joe the critters and I, are snuggled up in front of the fire - well, I took a break to write this - watching a winter wonderland form in our front yard. Friends, Gerry and Lisa and fellow lake dwellers, gave us the idea to turn out our lights and watch freighters float by. A spectacular sight as they are lit up like floating holiday ships so that all can be seen from a distance. Last night while watching the lake - two 1,000 foot freighters passed each other in the narrow South Channel - our front yard. I heard myself say out loud - "Oh my, this is so beautiful".


You'd think it'd be obvious to be moved by all things beautiful, but for a long time, I sat in a very dark place wanting and/or needing things to be some other way than the way they were. I found fault with everything and everyone. A lot of this was a silent dialogue between me, myself and I...however negative thoughts leaked out over and over creating a dark cloud that persistently hovered over-head. It's a horrible way to live. Finding fault with others, which you later learn are just huge disappointments in oneself, the culprit always being fear. But through nature, gardening, love of animals, my husband and eventually some cosmic guidance, my heart began to open. With this came faith in something bigger than me which led to replacing the fear that kept me blindsided.


We are meant to be happy


The answer, the key, is the heart. I have been told throughout my life to "follow my heart." But how? I wanted to, you know, as long as it was on my terms. Which of course, isn't the point. There are no terms. You love all and everything for what it is - but I constantly fell back into negative thoughts. And honestly, I just think, that through pure exhaustion of not feeling spiritually right is what finally brought me to my senses. Not only that, but I live in my head, where it a dangerous place to go alone - like a bad neighbourhood. Why is the heart the main connection to True Source? Why is the heart the centre of beautiful feelings? Why is the heart, not our brain or other parts of us, the key?


Maybe it's because our true self is within our heart and will continue to live on even after this lifetime has been completed. While our physical body is only a temporary "shell"-flesh and blood that will one day turn into dust-our relationship with the heart, our soul, is True Source eternal, forever and always.


Sitting still, watching snow fall, holding my husband's hand are tiny clues that tell me the heart, not the mind, is the true instrument of perception. When I am able to live in heart, the world becomes magical, full of beauty, abundance and joy. As I open to my Source, not only do I draw the reflection of love into every area of my life but my heart becomes a magnetic field for entraining the hearts of all humanity. The heart becomes a pure conduit for the light and love of God.


1 comment:

  1. It is good to see you through your writings on this blog.It seems to provide a great place of comfort for you to write and share your reflections on life. Living on the North Channel as a child I enjoyed spending hours out on the dock beyond the boathouse.Your words,like that of most introspecive souls, reflect the ebb and flow of life's journey, much like the freighters affect the river creating waves that pile up and then draw away from the shore. Thanks for modeling practices of writing and singing they surely can set you free...

    ReplyDelete