Monday, February 22, 2010

Portraits In Blue - Lucy

Going on tour is a great way to get away from it all. Everyday life, I don't know, just isn't for me. But if you don't play by road rules then being a secretary or a waitress is always waiting for you when you give up. Not that I have a problem with that career choice. It's just not for me.

Music is my lover. Without it "m kind of like an amputee with the phantom pain of a missing heart. Nobody's my boss. That's why I don't need to cook and keep house for "that special someone." Like I said, I like to move around. I don't mind setting up house, but I have got to have my freedom. Sit across the breakfast table and say, "Would you like more toast, dear? What time will you be home from work today,dear? Would you mind picking up the kids from school, dear? Can I get your slippers, dear?" That would bore the hell out of me. Now, lay down and make love, I can handle that. But only when I want to do it. I know all you women feel the same way I do. So, I've got plans for myself, I have ever since I was little. In the eyes of my family I might be no good, not good enough, not perfect, but I do now I got something going on. No ordinary life for me. I might not know what I'm looking for, but it's better than where I came from. When I finish the song and the crowd stomps and whistles and screams, that's when I know I'm doing what I need to do. You just get out of the way and let the song come thorough. Come through my heart. Ladies and Gentlemen, that's why I sing the blues.

No comments:

Post a Comment