Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Portraits in Blue - Preacher of the Delta Blues

I dreamed I was in Heaven sitting down on a throne. And when I woke up, I just laid real still. And prayed to my Master that I would do His will. Jesus told me a long time ago that wheresoever I go, I won't have to make this journey all alone. Cause you see, King Jesus is my captain and He never have left me alone. In my dream I've got a telephone in my bosom, I can ring Him up from my heart. I can call Him on the air and get down on my knees in prayer, because I don't have to make this journey all alone. No reason to have the blues, because you is never alone. The women will wake up and them blue Devils will be hovering around their heads. Oh,they won't see them, but the women will surely feel their dark presence, drawn to the wailing tunes of the low spirits. The sisters won't be able to dial for their salvation because the feeling that everthing is so wrong will feel like the blues has come to live in their minds and it is bringing one thing after another, until they sing songs that they never thought of before. When that happens you just want to get on your knees and pray because you know you ain't too old for the Devil to get you. Hold up your hand and reach for God. All the Sisters will get is a feeling. A feeling that you can tell the truth with the blues. They'll reach for God and what they'll get is a song. Yes, Lord, what they will get is a song.

No comments:

Post a Comment