Tuesday, December 6, 2011

The Art of Experience to the Path of Singularity


Kate Hart

My intuition tells me that there is nothing random about life. I have "felt" that for all that happens there is an energy of purpose or intelligent thought creating it. This is a concept I don't believe that we are truly meant to understand. Oh sure it's fun for some to sit around and try to figure it all out, I have been one of them, but I am quickly moving into a place past where life has to be figured out or defined into life is being directed in a purposeful way. It feels right - no science, no religion, no books - just my life's experience is what is leading me to my heart. It seems the more I try to live in the definition of life, trying to figure it all out and what it means, the more chaotic it becomes. Which has been leading me to being open to the "experience" of it all.



As I grow into this body that I find foreign at best, I realize that is where I need to begin the act of "experience". Becoming one with the body that I was born to inhabit which has been a rocky relationship. Most of the time, I don't really want to be in my body, don't like it much and think somehow I got gyyped. But this morning I sort of had an awakening. Why not just experience the body I am in. Feel what it feels like to be in it - as opposed to judging what It shoulda coulda woulda been and experience the what is. Now, this is a new awareness, however, I am betting that if I can do that with "me", then that leads to everything around me - as once again, I am the hub of the wheel. What I am saying is, if I just experience, not judge, not define - but experience this human spacesuit - the result may be true freedom.


With this freedom and/or this "knowing" it can lead me to another reality which is one of singularity. Living in the experience, removing the definition i.e. judgment tha this mind, body and spirit can easily morph into everything, everyone and every action on this planet which is purposeful. Whoa! Imagine that. I would actually have to sit and "be" and not judge even the most awful of actions. Please don't misunderstand that people shouldn't be held accountable for their actions if they are hurting others, but as we do coexist with someone who say is cruel to animal or children, we may want to understand that just possibly if we were given the very same circumstance as that perpetrator, we may have done the exact same thing. Hard to hold the microscope up to and put ourselves in this place. But better yet, I say, more than sitting and defining how we are alike or different and analyzing these circumstances, we might want to pay attention to how we feel when given this information. Or perhaps by just "being" with this information, could be what actually begins to change things. Maybe this is where most of the information is at - living in the experience of having an experience. This brings to mind one of my favorite quotes from Jospeh Campbell - in my opinion, one of the great thinkers and deeply spiritual men in the last 100 years. When Bill Moyer asked him if he was religious, he replied, "My experience is my religion."


Living in the experience becomes a true knowing that I am part of everything that exists not only on this planet but beyond. Oh, my how disconnected I have found myself to be so many times in my life. And even now, I find that I want to separate, define, think about, pass judgment and/or find an excuse to not be a part of all that is around me. Through the act of wanting to define everything around me leads to the judgment of it which then separates me from the collective - the singularity of mind with all that is.


Many thousands of years ago, wise sages of the East proclaimed that all of the universe, and every living and non-living thing in it, was a part of the collective consciousness. They said that our world is deeply interconnected at many levels and everything we do or think influences everything around us. We share the same energy with many different creatures and objects in the universe. An absolute gorgeous thought and one filled with responsibility.



Maybe by brining ourselves to the center of all that is and if in that center is the core of the experience of all that has been and all that will be - then I believe we are opening ourselves to the great religion that has been hibernating in our collective DNA. We have a religion that is about here, now, each other and everything. With that knowlege humanity will no longer cast the rabid stones, but instead shine the soft light in what is to be remembered - divine love.

No comments:

Post a Comment